Location: Washington DC
# of openings: 1
Overview: Logical Technology and Research (LTR) is an 8(a) certified small business, specializing in IT support services. We are seeking a skilled and self-starting GIS Architect/SME to support a key federal government agency client.
Description: This position offers the ideal candidate an opportunity to support lifecycle GIS design and implementation support services in a federal agency environment. Activities to be performed include:
- Implement Enterprise Information System (EIS) frameworks and software solutions from requirements gathering through architecture; coordinate development, testing, tuning, deployment, and maintenance operations
- Translate system requirements into software architecture and design specifications
- Work closely with sales and technical marketing resources to define and develop internal and external sales and client-oriented documentation and solutions
- Educate government staff on the business value of geospatially-enabled architecture and solutions
- Provide pre- and post-sales support for the development and implementation of customer solutions
- Develop and support business opportunities and relationships with LTR customers
- Proactively craft and propose solutions that clarify how GIS brings business value to address critical business challenges faced by customers
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s and preferably master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, GIS engineering, or related field
- Seven to ten years of related technology experience
- Strong background in Microsoft and Java development technologies
- Experience in technical consulting, solution design, project envisioning, planning, developing, deployment, and project management
- Domain knowledge (i.e., Emergency Management and First Responder community) and experience working on related technologies with customers in those markets
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in consulting and client management
- Experience with web services including SOA, ESB, and XML
- Knowledge of geospatial concepts and software solutions
- Strong teamwork skills and proven management background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the entire MS Office suite, including MS Project and MS SharePoint.
- Ability to travel
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with the complete Esri product suite
- Programming experience in Java, J2SE, J2EE, C/C++, and/or .NET
- Background with portals, portlets, and framework technologies (e.g., IBM WebSphere, Microsoft SharePoint)
- RDBMS design and modeling experience such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase and/or Informix.
- Knowledge of “big data” systems such as Hadoop
- Knowledge of other enterprise systems (e.g., ERPs, EAMs, CRMs, SCMs)
- Knowledge of Identity Management frameworks, both user access and service/system
- At least seven (7) years of experience working with lifecycle design and implementation of enterprise architecture systems that incorporate GIS as part of an overall secure enterprise system solution. Experience in Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework (FEAF) preferred. Experience in complying with industry best practices such as CMMI-Development Level 3 and in best practice system development methodologies such as Agile preferred.
- At minimum, Master’s Degree in a related field, with related training/certifications in application sets best practices and (e.g., Hadoop, Oracle, CMMI).
Location: Washington, DC
Travel: There may be some travel.
Clearance: Security clearance preferred.